Friday 15 January 2016

Trip to Fortnum and Mason

On a freezing cold January day, my trip to Fortnum and Mason was the only thing keeping me going!  My trip coincided with the London Lumiere - a dazzling light festival.  The atmosphere around Piccadilly was amazing with soundtracks playing out against the light show.



Fortnum and Mason, founded in 1707, is a piece of history, located in the heart of Piccadilly.

The history page on the shop website makes very interesting reading.  I especially enjoyed the pieces on the creation of the Scotch Egg invented for travellers in 1738 and in 1886 Mr Heinz brings Baked Beans to Piccadilly.



www.fortnumandmason.com/information/our-history




Personally, for me, the store conjures up images of hampers, tins of biscuits, gentleman's relish, tea caddys and delicious afternoon teas!   Especially wonderful at Christmas time.







No comments:

Post a Comment